The Jewish Genealogy Society of Northeast Florida was founded in 2017 and is a member of the International Society of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS)
Next meeting: February 12, 2020 beginning at 6:00 pm at the River Garden Hebrew Home. We have a special guest speaker, Cindy Potter Taylor of the JGS of Palm Beach County. She will speak on finding her family in Canada. Click here for details.
We are a community in Northeast Florida, supporting each other in the pursuit of Jewish genealogy and family history research, by assisting one another to find our ancestors and living relatives.
- To assist and promote the research of Jewish family history;
- To provide opportunities for the sharing of Jewish genealogical information and sources;
- To educate members and the public on Jewish genealogy through lectures, seminars, workshops, publications and other resources.
- To provide instruction in and advance the use of sound research methodology to attain the highest standards of accuracy and thoroughness; and
- To identify and promote preservation of and access to Jewish genealogical records and resources
A copy of our By Laws may be viewed here. The By Laws were approved by the membership at the April 25, 2018 meeting.